Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Baby's 1!

I have mixed emotions about my little Ella turning one. She has her own little personality now, and she gets more and more fun every day. At the same time I cannot believe it has already been a year. She just needs to slow down and take it easy, she is growing up way too fast. I am trying to cherish every little moment.

The one year old birthday is quite a big deal in the Polynesian culture, so everyone was expecting us to have a huge birthday bash, but the funds just weren't there. We kept it simple with just a few family and friends, but we had a ball. Swimming is Ella's absolute favorite thing to do, so Sita, Ella, and I started out the day with a splash at the Fairmont pool. Later that evening we got together at Sita's Aunt's house and had a little party. We had pizza, cake, and ice cream. Ella is obsessed with Barney, so I really wanted to find her a Barney cake. I called every bakery in Salt Lake, and no one makes such a cake. So my Aunt Athena made the CUTEST Barney cake for her. Ella just loved it! She got a whole new wardrobe and a couple fun new toys. Thanks to everyone who came and made Ella's day special, it really meant a lot!

Screaming with joy

She thought she was such a big girl, and tried to be everybody's friend.
It's sad when your 1 year old daughter is tanner then you.
Ella and her DaDa.

She wasn't sure if she was allowed to touch the presents.
Some of the party attenders.

The beautiful cake maker.

Getting ready to dig in.This was about the extent of the "dig in" she was a little unsure.

11 comments:

Katie L said...

She is just the cutest thing ever!! I could eat her up!!!

The Mursets said...

I am pretty sure I cried when Nathan turned 1, and it is hard to believe that he will be turning 3 in a few weeks. These kids need to slow it down a little. It sounds like you had a special day~the cake looked GREAT!

The Mursets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikelle said...

I can't believe she is 1 yr already and what a doll she is. I can't wait to see what your other kids will look like. Time flies i swear it was just yesterday me and Kt went to visit you when she was teeny. I love the Barney cake it's decorated perfectly! She did a great job.

Anonymous said...

You look so good Shay! Let's be friends and hang out sometime when I move up there. We'll be in Pleasant Grove but seriously, let's hang out.

Heath & Ege said...

Oh my gosh! She is 1 already?! That is crazy! I still remember when you guys first announced you were prego! She is a doll!

Alexis said...

She is so darling I really must play with her soon. That is so weird for me still to hear you say you have a daughter. Lets all get together when Fiona gets up here sometime?

Evans said...

Oh don't ya just hate when they turn one cause its like they aren't a baby anymore. She is so adorable and I love her cake, so cute! You look so beautiful by the way. Happy Birthday Ella!

Katie & Benten Shober said...

How fun. I can't believe my friend has a one year old. Looks like you guys had a blast! Happy Birthday Ella!

p.s We need a girls night again soon! Let me know a night that will work :)

Katie & Benten Shober said...

Oh and you could not have found a better cake. It is soooo cute!!! She did a great job!

Nielsen Family said...

Oh thats crazy thats she's already so big! And I've never even seen her in person! Ugh...I know a little of how you're feeling I'm silly and freaking out about Emma being 1 month! haha Seriously the day sounded so fun and you all look super cute!