David Archuleta was born to sing.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
David Archuleta was born to sing.
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 9:54 AM
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Here are a few pics from Valentine's Day. We spent most of it with our little valentine Ella. She got all dressed up to go out with us, doesn't she look so cute? My sister was nice enough to watch her for a little while we went out to dinner. It was nice to have some one on one time with Sita. I love him so much! I am so lucky we found each other, he is just what I needed. I am so grateful for both my Valentines!
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 11:51 AM
Friday, February 15, 2008
"The oldest trees often bear the sweetest fruit." -- German Proverb
My grandma took me, Shay, and the chubber out to dinner earlier this week. My grandma isn't that old in comparison to many (she's 78), but her mind seems to be slipping away. Apparently, Alzheimer's runs on that side of the family. She invited us the day before, forgot about it, then remembered, then forgot what we were doing, and finally was excited that we wanted to go out to eat with her.
Among her many repetitions, she told me a lot about my heritage that I didn't know. Apparently my great grandma was British. That's three generations of interracial couples!(My grandpa was dutch) We're so PC. He was a manger of a major supermarket. That's probably why I like Walmart so much. My grandpa met my grandma on his way to a bar while she was on her way to church. Kind of like me and shay except I think Shay was just going to the store for beer (duh Shay they know I'm kidding.) He liked her so much that a few weeks later he quit smoking "cold turkey" and went with her to church that day.
Nice to get in touch with my roots.
Thanks grandma. (I wrote it twice in case you forget.)
"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots, the other is wings." -- Hodding Carter
While Ella was out with her momma and aunty Nikki, she tapped into one of her roots: dancing. Ella's grandma Lu danced for the Polynesian Culture Center during her college years and performed Polynesian luaus for over 30 years. Her papa was also known for his break dancing skills in Jr. High and High School. Her mom.... well.... Ella loves her mom.
They were all in Old Navy and Shay and Nikki were looking at some stuff and turned around to catch Ella swaying side to side to the beat. They thought it might be a fluke, but once another song came on Ella did it again. She was sitting in the cart like she is in the picture above. We will try and get it on video, but she seems to get some shyness from her mom.
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 9:39 AM
Friday, February 1, 2008
Shalie: So, we've been tagged...
Sita: Hmmph... how dum...
Shalie: SITA! Anyway...
Sita: Tags are for taggots...get it?
Shalie: ANYWAY, Here are 10 random things about us:
10. Shalie is a Cereal Killer. Shay can kill a whole box of cereal in one day. Some of her preferred cereals are Cinnamon Life and Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.
9. Sita Has Eaten an Entire Turkey Before. Sita was so hungry that he ate an entire 8lb turkey when he was 13 years old. He thinks he was going through a growth spurt.
8. Shay is a Hater...Of Movies. Shalie doesn't like going to the movies nor does she like to rent them. Sita spent a lot of money on movies that Shalie never saw because she falls asleep during the previews.
7. Sita Has Completed the Gallon Challenge and the Cinnamon Challenge. The Gallon challenge requires a participant to drink an entire gallon of milk in one hour. "The last part sucked. I got really cold and it felt like I had cottage cheese in my belly, " says Sita. The Cinnamon Challenge requires the participant to swallow a table spoon of cinnamon in less than 20 minutes. "The cinnamon challenge was 100 times worse than the Gallon challenge. Cinnamon got into my sinuses and it burnt like [heck]," recalls Sita.
6. Shay is Terrified of Roller Coasters. Well, more that she hates the "butterflies in her tummy" feeling. The Puff the magic Dragon ride(yeah the one that 3 year olds ride) ended Shay's Roller-coaster Riding career.
5. Sita Has to Clean His Ears Out Every Day. Sita has to constantly "clean" out his ears. He uses about 4-6 Q-tips a day.
4. Shay Grooms like a Monkey. If she isn't messing with Sita's hair, she is trying to pick his zits. Shalie won't let Sita cut his own fingernails or toenails. She also pleads to give him manicures, to give him pedicures, and to pluck his eyebrows.
3. Sita Hates to be Groomed. Sita hates it when people rub his feet or pick at him. Sita doesn't do manicures, pedicures, or eyebrow plucking.
2. As a Team, We Have Never Lost in the Game "Cranium". That's right. NEVER.
1. We Have The Cutest Little Baby That Has Ever Existed. We know; we we're surprised too.
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 4:41 PM