Tuesday, July 29, 2008
This post is all about Sita! First off I wan to give him a big shout out for graduating. It's official now, he graduated from the U of U as an English Major. I am SOOOOO proud of him and all the time and hard work he put into his schooling. It finally paid off! Also, today is his 27th Birthday. I can't believe he is almost 30, that's just too weird. I consider myself to be the luckiest girl on the planet to be able to be married to Sita and here are 27 reasons why ( in no particular order)!
1. He is very nonjudgmental. He never judges someone of another's opinion. He gets to know people for himself. He always gives people the benefit of the doubt.
2. He makes everyone feel welcome. He never likes people to feel left out.
3. He loves to be the funny guy and make everybody laugh. He likes to be close to the center of attention.
4. He is adventurous. He loves to try new things, even if he's not very good at them.
5. He is very smart. He always seems to know something about everything, and loves to tell you about it.
6. He is the best Daddy ever! He loves Ella so much. He is so proud of every little thing she does, and loves to show her of to anyone and everyone.
7. He is also the best husband anyone could ask for. What can I say if he can put up with me, he's got to be.
8. He is very likeable. Anyone that meets him loves him, and considers him a friend after one encounter.
9. He lets me put my freezing cold feet on him every night to warm them up.
10. He is ULTRA competitive, which makes for some fun game nights at our house. And some fun sports conversations between him and my dad.
11. He is such a good son to his mother. He loves her so much, is always worried about her, and is always there when she needs him.
12. He is a good listener. After being home with a 1 year old all day, he is good to come home and listen to me jabber away for a while.
13. He is very laid back. He is always the calm one in stressful situations. He always looks at the positive.
14. He is very dedicated. Whenever he decides he is going to do something he does it. I guess you could also call him stubborn.
15. He's hot what more can I say.
16. This one goes with number 15. He will be embarrassed I put this one, but he's got really big muscles. :) Everywhere we go people are always asking him to move and lift things. hahaha
17. He is one of the most patient people I have ever met. He is very hard to irritate or bother (believe me I try).
18. He is very confident not prideful, but confident. I really admire that.
19. He is a very loyal person. I would say that all of his friends agree.
20. He loves me no matter what. I can be myself 100% around him, and he is still there when I wake up.
21. He loves to snuggle. One of my all time favorite things to do is snuggle. I know it sounds cheesy, but he makes me feel so safe and warm.
22. he is an excellent provider for our family. he works so hard so that I can stay home with our baby. I appreciate that more than he will ever know.
23. He is very supportive. He is always encouraging me to try new things. If I ever want to do something he will back me up.
24. He is the biggest tease out there. It's fun to a point, but he needs to learn where to draw the line. Ask my sisters and they will vouch.
25. He is very sincere and genuine. When he tells you something he means it. He does not do anything for show.
26. He loves to debate. He thrives on people who disagree with him, or agree with him but for a different reason. He enjoys proving his point. :)
27. Last he is my very best friend. I love him with all my heart, and can't wait for the years to come!
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 10:43 AM
Thursday, July 24, 2008
So I took Ella to get her pictures done today. The photographer put some of the pictures up on her blog so I copied and pasted a few of my favorites. She did pretty well considering she had her one year check up and got five shots just two days ago. I think they turned out adorable! I know I'm her mother and all, but she really is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Here are her one year stats Weight: 20.6 lbs (42%) and Height: 29.5 in. (63%).
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 1:44 PM
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I have mixed emotions about my little Ella turning one. She has her own little personality now, and she gets more and more fun every day. At the same time I cannot believe it has already been a year. She just needs to slow down and take it easy, she is growing up way too fast. I am trying to cherish every little moment.
The one year old birthday is quite a big deal in the Polynesian culture, so everyone was expecting us to have a huge birthday bash, but the funds just weren't there. We kept it simple with just a few family and friends, but we had a ball. Swimming is Ella's absolute favorite thing to do, so Sita, Ella, and I started out the day with a splash at the Fairmont pool. Later that evening we got together at Sita's Aunt's house and had a little party. We had pizza, cake, and ice cream. Ella is obsessed with Barney, so I really wanted to find her a Barney cake. I called every bakery in Salt Lake, and no one makes such a cake. So my Aunt Athena made the CUTEST Barney cake for her. Ella just loved it! She got a whole new wardrobe and a couple fun new toys. Thanks to everyone who came and made Ella's day special, it really meant a lot!
It's sad when your 1 year old daughter is tanner then you.
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 9:35 PM
Friday, July 11, 2008
We celebrated another Fourth of July in Hatch, Utah. For those of you who don't know where Hatch is, it's a little teeny tiny town about 15 min. from Panguitch. The wonderful Walter's Family invites us to come to their HUGE ranch every year. They put on quite a party. It took us about five hours to get there, but we made some fun stops along the way. When we arrived Sita and I both rode a mechanical bull, which was quite a site to see I'm sure. The picture of me is awful, but it was too funny not to post. Sita also participated in a skeet shooting contest, and did very well. My dad and Sita were supposed to help kick but in the water relay by paddling a canoe, but it tipped over the second they got in, and then when they finally got in the canoe sank! Needless to say, everybody was peeing their pants from laughing so hard. I don't know who's bright idea it was to put the two biggest guys in a tiny canoe. Ella loved watching the fireworks, and enjoyed all the dogs and horses. We all enjoyed the yummy food and wonderful company. We can't wait for next year!
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 9:35 PM
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I am going to use the same excuse as everybody else....it's summer time. We have had a fun summer so far. I really should do an individual post for each thing we've done, but procrastination has caused me to have to lump them into one. Except for the Father's Day post that follows this one. I think that one deserves its own. I will try to do better in the future. Here are a few pics of what we've been up to.
I got to catch up with some old friends from high school, who I haven't seen in who knows how long.
We spent a week down in St. George. We went down to help my Yia Yia and Grandpa celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary! While we were there we did a lot of swimming. Ella cannot get enough of the water.
My sister Maggie came back up with us and stayed for almost a week. We took her to a concert of her favorite band the Mollies. Sita was nice enough to help her make a pretty awesome T-shirt. I missed her so much when she left.
We went to a Luau and Tahitian competition, and of course I was too involved in what was going on and forgot to take pictures. I love attending these events, and it is important to me that Ella is involved in her culture. She was shaking her hips right along with all the dancers. It really amazes me that she can have rhythm at such a young age. I chose this picture because she looks pretty amazed as well.
We just recently took Ella to a little splash park, and she had the time of her life. Sita was taking her under the big water falls, and she looked petrified, but the second she came out she was smiling and wanted more. I think I was scared more for her than she was. She gets her courage from her Father thats for sure!
We are off this weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July in Hatch, Utah. I will do my best to do a post when we return.
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 10:45 PM
I cannot believe that I put this post off, there are no excuses. I am 100% ashamed. But like they always say....better late than never.
I want to start off by telling my dad how much I love and appreciate him. He has always worked hard for our family. One thing I have always admired about my dad is how nonjudgmental he is. I have never heard my dad speak bad about anyone. He is so kind to everyone he comes in contact with regardless of their situation. He makes everyone feel welcome. Some of my favorite memories with my dad include sports. Growing up he was always there to support me and give me advice in whatever sport I was playing, whether I wanted it or not :) To this day I love watching the Jazz games with my dad. I love my dad, and look up to him so much. He has been such a great grandpa to Ella as well. She adores him! Her favorite thing to do is slow dance with him, while he sings to her. It is the cutest thing ever! She holds perfectly still and enjoys every minute of it. Thanks for everything dad I LOVE YOU!
This is obviously an older picture, but I love it. Sita has got to be the best dad out there. He adores Ella so much. She has got him wrapped around her finger. He cracks me up the way he loves to show her off. Sometimes he has me get her all dressed up, just so he can take her out and show her off to anyone and everyone. He wants the very best for her, and works so hard to make that happen. These two are best buddies. It kind of freaks me out sometimes just how alike they really are. They can play for hours, and I just hear them cracking each other up. Ella is lucky to have such a wonderful father she can look up to for the rest of her life. Thanks for being such a great dad!
Posted by Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili at 10:08 PM