Friday, July 11, 2008

Fourth of July








We celebrated another Fourth of July in Hatch, Utah. For those of you who don't know where Hatch is, it's a little teeny tiny town about 15 min. from Panguitch. The wonderful Walter's Family invites us to come to their HUGE ranch every year. They put on quite a party. It took us about five hours to get there, but we made some fun stops along the way. When we arrived Sita and I both rode a mechanical bull, which was quite a site to see I'm sure. The picture of me is awful, but it was too funny not to post. Sita also participated in a skeet shooting contest, and did very well. My dad and Sita were supposed to help kick but in the water relay by paddling a canoe, but it tipped over the second they got in, and then when they finally got in the canoe sank! Needless to say, everybody was peeing their pants from laughing so hard. I don't know who's bright idea it was to put the two biggest guys in a tiny canoe. Ella loved watching the fireworks, and enjoyed all the dogs and horses. We all enjoyed the yummy food and wonderful company. We can't wait for next year!

8 comments:

Camie said...

What a blast! I wish I could've been there to see you girls ride the bull.

Jessica McAllister said...

Such a cute little family. It looks like you guys had a fun holiday.

Alexis said...

How fun. Ella is too freaking cute. I need to play with her.

Maile's said...

shalie,
its nisi, meles sis. i found your blog on my friend Dana (Karren) Ross' page. Your famly is sooo cute and Ella is getting so big and she is adorable! I will add your blog to my page. If you go private, make sure to add me so i can keep up on your fam!
check out ours at:
www.knlove.blogspot.com
luv ya!

Heather B said...

The mechanical bull looks way fun. :) And I love Ella's cute red and white swimsuit!

Anonymous said...

k, i can't believe you rode the bull...looks like you guys had soo much fun! ugh, i hate beaveer, utah

Maile's said...

shalie, yah! i got your comment.
it will be fun to keep up with eachother. The kids and i are heading up to SLC aug 3-10, we would love to see Ella! she is soo cute-
k, post some more cute pix of your fam!! luv ya, nis

Anonymous said...

The bull riding looks hillarious! I have to admit I would've like to have viewed the sinking of the canoe as well. What a great weekend!