Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cereal Killer


No, this is not the cereal isle at your local grocery store. I debated whether I should do this post, frankly I am a little embarrassed and ashamed of my addiction. Sita referred to me in an earlier post as a cereal killer, and I must admit it is true. I can kill a box of cereal in a matter of days. I can eat cereal for every meal. My dad used to get so frustrated with me when I lived at home. He would make a nice meal and I would opt to eat my Cinnamon Life (my favorite cereal). Well needless to say you can imagine my delight when we stopped by Smiths to run in and grab some bread to feed the ducks and I saw a HUGE display of cereal and a sign that said 10 for $10! We started out by buying 10 boxes that day. Last night Sita came home with 10 more. I think he realized how good of a deal it was for how much I eat. The total savings for 20 boxes was around $60.00! And don't worry they don't expire for a whole year. So if there are any other cereal addicts out there, HURRY the sale ends today!

P.S. Don't worry Ella does not eat all this cereal, she is fed well balanced meals :).

10 comments:

Katie L said...

If it makes you feel better, Mark is the same way. Albertsons always has that same deal, so everytime we stock up, its simular to your pile! Dont worry, you are not alone!! haha!!

Heath & Ege said...

Haha! love the post!

Nielsen Family said...

Ooo Rice Krispies with strawberries? I've never seen that. I like cinnamon life too its the best. My dad always ate cereal as a meal and we hated it! If there wasn't something in the house to eat we wanted to go out not eat cereal! haha

Brock and Kensey said...

Haha I LOOOVE this! I laughed so hard!! Can't pass up a great deal!! You are too funny!! Hope everything is going well!!

Travis and Lindsey said...

I am right there with you. I pretty much prefer cereal to any other meal, and I too could eat it for every meal! Way to be a smart shopper.

Julie said...

Shalie! Could you send me your email and phone number. We getting ready to send invites out for our class reunion. Also is there any way you could send me Mele's too.
brockandjulie@gmail.com
By the way, I am the worst commenter EVER. I look at your blog all the time and love it.

Camie said...

HOly FREHOLY!!! That is hilarious...food storage right??

Camie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Martin said...

hahahahaha, Shalie! You're too funny! I love cereal too! I went through a stage where I was eating it like 2-3 times a day too. I don't do that as much anymore, but I definitely wake up with a bowl of cereal every day! I'm jealous of your collection. I think I only have Honey-Nut Cheerios and Special K in my cabinet right now! haha

Heather B said...

That is a STEAL of a deal, and I wish I would have found it, because I love cereal that much too. :) Yum, the good kinds too.