Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Does blogging make you happy?

I don't know about most of you, but every once in while I get a little depressed looking at other people's blogs. I see people with new houses, new cars, skinny moms, and the list could go on and on. I want to be a happy blogger. Today I read a post that inspired me to make a list of blogging rules for myself, many of which were taken from her post.

1. I will only read blogs that make me happy or inspire me. If I read a blog that makes me feel bad I will take it off my google reader.

2. I will be happy for other's success and remember that everyone is at a different stage and has different struggles. I will not compare myself with others.

3. I will
limit the time on the computer. I will remember most of blogging life is fake, it will skew your vision of your real life and what's really important.

4. I will be myself when I blog, and remember that comments aren't important.

* If anyone has any other good ideas please share!

9 comments:

Melinda said...

I love looking at your blog...but you don't blog enough!! I love to see what you are up to and you are so skinny and cute and have a good husband and a beautiful baby and those are what matter!! Not houses and cars!! Keep bloging!! I love it:)

Nielsen Family said...

How right you are! I do it too... I would just like to point out though that you are a skinny mom. You're life sounds pretty good to me. You have a great husband and beautiful daughter and you get to live in Utah which is reason enough for me to be jealous! haha Look see I just did it again!

Heath & Ege said...

I totally know what you mean. I tend to stay away from certain blogs because I start to get depressed about why they have things that I don't. You said it exactly right..people are in different stages of life. You are def. not alone!

Alexis said...

Such a good post. Just hopefully I don't see my name disappear from your list ;)

Heidi said...

Right on with those. I should copy and paste. Crystal clear and I couldn't agree more. You're beautiful. I love you.

Kim Martin said...

If it makes you feel better- I get sad sometimes too! I think I am the only one of my friends from high school that is single!!! I feel like a loser! And all these people with their cute families... I get super jealous! But I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of! You're gorgeous, you husband is super cute and I'm in love with your daughter! You should be proud! I'm happy for you! And I think you look amazing! xo

Camie said...

Oh Shays, I think we could all follow those rules a little better. But also think of all the great things blogging has done for you...well for me anyways.

Anonymous said...

Those are great rules! To be quite honest I dont care to see people's houses and cars. I just think gosh that is a lot of debt. Not a lot of people our age can pay cash for those things. I know I posted some pictures of our house but I deleted them because I want to be somewhat private about my life. Blogs are fun to keep in touch but some people really do use it as a brag fest and it gets annoying, so like your rules said dont look at them. I dont have any friends that I get too sad about but when I blog stalk I see poeple who just went to Mexico and then Europe, etc...I am just glad they are not my friends. You are beautiful and have a great hubby and a beautiful little girl and thats the truth.

Heather B said...

It's so true. And if you haven't heard of the blog "seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com" you need to check it out, because it makes fun of people who blog about their "perfect lives" and it is just hilarious. Those are some good vows!