Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I can't wait!


My grandparents (my dad's parents) were lucky enough to get called to serve a mission in Hawaii. We were all very excited for them, but at the same time very sad they were leaving us. I have always been very close to my grandparents on both sides of my family. Growing up I think we would see all of them at least once a week, if not more. They all have done so much for me and I have looked up to all of them for as long as I can remember. I remember feeling this same excitement when my mom's parents returned home from their mission to Adam-ondi-Ahman. I literally could not wait to see them, I missed them sooooo much. Now my other grandparents are coming home in one week! Sita, Nikki, Ella, and I are going to be the first to see them. They have a four hour layover here in Salt Lake City. They have never seen Ella in person, and I can't wait for them to meet each other. We are going to go out to eat and visit for hours. I am so EXCITED! I have been counting down the days. I love you Yia Yia and Grandpa and CANNOT wait to see you. :)

P.S. Don't they look adorable in their PCC missionary attire? :)

8 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

They do look adorable! And how fun to be so close the your grandparents. Some day I hope I can serve my mission there...haha

Heath & Ege said...

How awesome for you!! That will be so awesome! I remember visiting your Grandma and Grandpa Houston in Adam-ondi-Ahman. Such great people!

Anonymous said...

Awesome mission! I want to go with them! What's better preaching the gospel or Hawaii? I know, preaching the gospel in Hawaii! I am a huge nerd!

Camie said...

I can remember those feelings of excitment vividly. I am excited for you guys.

Heidi said...

I am way excited for you Shay. So cool that they finally get to meet little Ella! Have so much fun with them!

Staci said...

O Bill thats so awesome he was my fav at the good ol rec center come and check us out www.kirklandfam.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Varley is my brother's mother in law. We go there and hang out sometimes with her. She's a cool lady. I will tell her you said hi next time I see her. My brother's wife's sister in law is the white version of Latanya. I am so serious.

Mikelle said...

K how lucky are they! I would go on a mission for sure if i knew i would be going there.