Monday, September 17, 2007

Daddy's Little Lamb


The other night, Ella started getting fussy so I picked her up out of her swing. As I picked up my little darling, I noticed her shirt was soaked with spit up. I took it off and let her roam free in her diaper. Clothing seems to be more of a restriction than anything else to little Ms. Ripley. Ella took some deep sighs of relief and satisfaction as she laid on the floor while I tried not to be too girly about how giddy it made me to hear these sweet tones. Ella suddenly gave a little shiver and I decided to get her a onesie. When I tried to pull it over her head, I noticed that it wasn't going to fit. Then it hit me. My little girl is growing up or at least she is getting bigger. I have only been a father for two months now and time hasn't really seemed to be doing anything but stand still. Ella was just a little thing that never needed new clothes because she didn't seem to be growing. Due to the long nights, it seems more like the past two months were more like one really long day. The only reason to take any notice of time was to know when to feed. I guess what I'm getting at is that time with family, specifically my two favorite girls, is timeless. Families really are forever or at least they are in my world. At first I got way ahead of my self and started thinking about how fast she is growing and how soon she'll be walking and talking. It kind of escalated into thoughts of her first day of school, her first date, all the boys I would have to screen and possibly knock out. Finally, I came to my senses and remembered that I need to enjoy these little moments.
Also, while I was having this epiphany, I noticed that Ella looked like a little lamb. What really helped the lamb effect is that when she got made about the onesie being stuck on her head, her cry kind of sounded like a baaaahhh. My baby is so cute. Shalie thinks I'm rude for putting up this picture. She says it's torture. I say it's timeless.

6 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Sita I think thats the sweetest thing I've ever heard (well read) you say! Its nice to see the softer side of you instead of the side that makes up mean songs and horribly embarrasses others. And she does look like a little lamb!

Heidi said...

Sita you are such a cute dad. You cannot love or cherish that little girl too much. Your date night picture is darling. I love that Shalie couldn'tstop smiling as she tought about her ilttle Ella.

Heidi said...

Can I just say you guys are my favorite. I absolutely loved seeing you this weekend and spending time with your cute little family. Ella is beautiful. Thank you so much for letting me stay at your house. I wish we could have been together longer! I really do miss you guys and can't wait for the day we will live by eachother again. You are dear friends to me. Keep up with the pictures and cute posts. Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

I joined the blogging scene...so add me to your friends! We're friends, right? When is Sita done with school? Soon right?

Heidi said...

will one of you send me your home address?? my email is heidimchong at gmail dot com. THANKS!

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

So i'm baby hungry.... thanks!