Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Are you a blog stalker?


This whole world of Blogging is quite new to me and Shalie...well, technically I am greener than Shay. Shalie was the instigator of our desire to create a blog for the family. You see Shay ( she'll probably kill me when she reads this) was very familiar with the Blog scene, yet, she herself did not have a blog. She would, how do I put this, follow or observe people's blogs persistently almost out of obsession. In other words; she was stalking. Apparently, she is not the only one. She was introduced into her guilty little secret by other blog stalkers. It's kind of a community of people who want to know what's going on in other people's lives. Not that it matters, but the majority of them are women. I found that typical...I mean interesting. I merely dismissed it and thought it was a phase she was going through, but, alas, it was one of the few mistakes I rarely make. I found this out when we ran into a group of friends that are part of the stalking community. They started spouting out statistics about such-and-such's child and so-and-so's new hair cut. Bewildered by the amount of time they all had invested into their stealthy pursuit, I wondered how many people partake in this obsession. So for any brave souls who would like to use this moment to share their addiction, please let us know. I will volunteer the first one, "Hi, my name is Shalie and I'm a blog stalker........that felt so good!" Thank you for sharing Shay.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My name is Laura (Jacobson) Edwards, and I am a blog stalker". JK! But I did come across your blog page from Michelle's. How are you Shalie? Your baby is adorable! So beautiful!

Nielsen Family said...

Oh my heck Sita you are still a butt!

Heidi said...

I love it Sita. Shay IS going to kill you!! Haha. But yes, I will admit that I'm a blog stalker too. It is a rediculous obsession. When are you guys coming to St. G next?? Please let us know so we can get together. Love ya.

Camie said...

Okay, add me to the list! But I will have you know I am a PROUD one!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you all are brave enough to come forward it really is the first step to recovery.

PS. When Shay found out, I thought she was going to kick my head off, but, thankfully, I was holding Ella.

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Okay so I am a blog stalker, but not nearly to the extent that Sita said. I am not going to get too upset about this because that is just what he wants.

Anonymous said...

You should all be thankful you don't have a problem nearly as big as Latanya and myspace. No one has a bigger addiction than her.

Anonymous said...

I AM THE OLDEST OF THE BLOG STAKERS. I DO NOT HAVE ONE OF MY OWN, BUT I AM KNOW AS GRANNY G. (HEE-HEE)

Anonymous said...

At least we are not alone in the world. You have truly made us all feel relieved Sita. And for that I thank you. I am joining the ranks of confessors. And now I am adding your families blog to my stalking list so just know...I am watching!

Heidi said...

okay, it's time for more pictures of Ella! I'm having withdrawals. I miss you guys so bad!! I wish we could be there for Ella's blessing. I hope you guys have a fun weekend with the family and everything. Shay, how are things going with bedtime? I'm curious. Anyways, love you guys and hope to see you soon.

jeff watanabe said...

SITA, LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A GREAT FAMILY, HOWS YOUR FIGHTING GOING? SAY HI TO YOUR MOM AND SISTERS. FROM JEFF W. (YOUR BIG BROTHER)