Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure (Sita)


So I come home on July 21st. It is my third day as a father and, while I am extremely excited to be a father, I can't wait until my copy of the 7th and final book of the Potter series arrives. While most would probably be pondering the trials and responsibilities of first-time fatherhood, I wanted to know whether or not a fictional wizard would be killed in the search for magical objects to save the magical world. Now as sad as that may sound ; it kind of gets worse. I received the book on Saturday afternoon and I finished the book Sunday night. While I took the moments to kiss my daughter and tell her I love her, the rest of the time was dedicated to the book. I won't drop any spoilers, but I will say that I was right about Snape. To make matters worse, I dragged my wife to the midnight preview of Harry Potter 5 O.O.T.P. We didn't dress up or anything, but I did kind of feel like my mom had dropped us off at the theater. I also couldn't help feeling that all of the other people there weren't exactly the cool kids at school.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

oh sita... did you cry? I need to see pictures of this baby!

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

No tears, but I liked it a lot. Good book!