Friday, February 19, 2010

Back by Universal Demand

A couple of nights ago, Shalie had picked me up from work and we were talking in the car. It was our usual rundown of the day, "How was work?" "How was your day?" "Was Ella good?" A pretty standard end-of-the-day quiz.

And then Shay got this look in her eye.

At first I thought it was, you know, the look to you know...I'm a guy. That's generally what I think of first. Sue me. Anyway, after realizing it wasn't that look (which is usually 90% of the time :( ), my ears actually tuned into what she was saying. She had received some strong vibes that I needed to start writing again. Really?

"Where are these vibes coming from?"

"The Universe."

Oh yeah....she went there.

Apparently, the Universe needs to hear my voice through rhetoric and out in the blog world. Luckily, my wife is so fine tuned to the universe that I received this message. I don't have that universal antenna. It must be a wife thing.

You see, I was done with the blog world. I had decided that my voice was not to be heard. Not to give my opinions on current events, my favorite TV shows, and recent trends that I find ridiculous. Nor to exaggerate how "wonderful" my family is or tell the insignificant details of average days to make my life sound interesting when it really isn't.

No more blog voice from Sita Ripley. Believe it or not.

And then...

The Universe sends "vibes" to Shalie to rekindle my writing career to the 20 or so who will read it and the 3 who will actually comment on it (1 comment will probably be someone who is just saying how excited they are that they found Shalie through "blogstalking" and will have nothing to do with this post).

Like a good boy, I'm going to listen to the universe (it's probably just something Shalie wants, but then again, she is my Universe). Who am I to deny the Universe? So I'll be writing more often on our family blog. That's all this post is saying. Sorry, if you expected more.

Here's to you Universe!

4 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Yeah! Your witty comments always make my day. I'm glad you're back. Miss ya!

Heidi said...

Oh Sita...I'm glad Shay (& the universe) told you to start writing again. That picture of you is great by the way. Happy to see you writing again - can't wait to hear more!
Love you guys.
(when will we see you again)??

Heather B said...

I'm glad about this too- I've never met you Sita, but you are a great and entertaining writer, so we're all happy to have you back.

cleverly content said...

Hey Shalie, just found you through a friend of a friends blog. so good to see your cute family...
just kidding :)